Pages

December 25, 2005

Flaky thoughts for christmas (pun intended)!

'tis the season to be jolly, tra la la la...

Yeah. Blame it all on the season. Strangely, its been sunny so far, which makes me happy, but poor kids, I hope it snows a bit tomorrow just so they'll see atleast a partly white christmas. So, here are a few random thoughts off the top of my head - nah, we won't go further than that for now!

- It's quite awkward when you are the only girl at a (desi) party with 15 other guys and then a wise guy decides to make that observation, aloud. And suddenly there's this hushed silence for a few moments and then I begin to wish yet again that I were a guy!

- Sometimes, I think I've said too much but it always feels better having said too much than too little :)

- It feels good talking to your dad-in-law and laughing together about your husband :)

- Sometimes, people put this random thought in my head and forget about it. And then I spend a considerable amount of time wondering about it. Two weeks later, I mention that to the very same person, assuming (s)he has analyzed the issue from various angles and has several insightful remarks to add to it, and then (s)he goes, "Huh? Did I say that?". And then ofcourse, you can't admit that you have been thinking about it all the while and then you go, "No, I just made that up" and then after a while both of you don't know what you are talking about!

- Being frank has its benefits. Don't ask me why I said that now.

And before flaky becomes crazy, g'nite y'all and a merry christmas to all of you!

9 comments:

Shiva said...

ho ho ho Happy Christmas RS..
and reg the first random thought - it IS awkward to have only one girl at a (desi) party alongwith 15 other guys. It ceases to become a party !

Ardra said...

Happy Christmas....
ardra

dinesh said...

It's how you look at it. If you're the only girl, then all the good attention's on you ! A chance for a little ego boost ! :)

RS said...

shiva, ardra - To you too, :)

dinesh - Yes, very true. When I was single :p

RTD2 said...

I think it's better to be acknowledged as the only girl amongst boys...I've often had the experience of becoming 'one of the guys' - that ain't too flattering, especially when I make lists and resolutions like "Become more beautiful" and "Get noticed by cute boy who sits in corner cube" ;)

RS said...

rtd2 - Those were the days...when I made resolutions with my girl friends that read, "I will not initiate conversation with cute guy1 today coz last time I did" etc :)

And now I sound like am 80!

Shiva said...

hey RS ! Wish you and k a very happy new year..

TJ said...

RS,
Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year!!

RS said...

shiva, tj - thanks, wish you a very happy new year :)

© Ramya Sethuraman, All Rights Reserved.