Pages

November 28, 2005

The color that speaks to me.

No. I am not talking about the pink that might remind you of Paris Hilton. I am not talking about the pink splashed all around Legally Blonde. I am not talking about the frivolous, superficial, inane shade of pink that you might associate with giggly teenage girls.

Now that am done with my defensive disclaimers, lets get to the bottom of this business. My favourite color is pink. I even have my yahoo mail customized to pink. And that's not because "its so cute!" or such reasons that I cannot even remotely hope to relate to but...

I do love the shade of rose the sky dons at dusk, a glimmer to remind a tired soul after a hard day's work that romance still awaits, that rosy dreams still can come true, that magic lies hidden in sudden moments of clarity...

I love the pink that rises up a blushing face...

I love the pink of little fingers that hold on to your finger so tight, you never want to let go...

I love the shade of rose that colors my dreams, they remind me of sweet memories yet to be...

and I love the images that pink paints in my head - a happy place, smiling faces, music to dance to and love all around...


Can you blame me for my rosy indulgence now? :)

13 comments:

eyeStreet times said...

Well cant blame you but I sure cant understand what power this color holds !!!??

Anyways....pls pls dont go back to the pink theme you had before !! We have had enough for a life time !!

dinesh said...

I understand your rosy indulgence. why understand ? I endorse it even..

But, I will not forgive you for making people think I love pink :)

Anonymous said...

Pinku Worstu Coloru !

-Vasu-

TJ said...

I like pink as well.

Carried my wardrobe from UK to US and wore a nice double cuffed with platinum cuffs, 100% cotton, anti wrinkle, pink shirt to office on the first week here.

One of my friends was the first to spot me that morning and asked 'Machi, u forgot what pink shirt means here?'.

It then struck me and i was sitting all day with my blazer on and dumped that lovely shirt atleast till the end of my stay here.

Zeppelin said...

:)

I do love the shade of rose the sky dons at dusk, a glimmer to remind a tired soul after a hard day's work that romance still awaits, that rosy dreams still can come true, that magic lies hidden in sudden moments of clarity...

I love the pink that rises up a blushing face...

I love the pink of little fingers that hold on to your finger so tight, you never want to let go...


Exactly what I think about pink... :)

My dad bought me a Louise Philippe before I came to the US and it was baby-pink...

If u get a chance listen to the song - "Pink", by Aerosmith...

Anonymous said...

Here is an interesting story. The visitors locker room at University of Iowa's football stadium is all pink.

Former Iowa coach Hayden Fry wanted to soften the opposing team's players with this strategy.

http://dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050821/SPORTS05/508210354/1003/SPORTS

RS said...

eshwar: Hmm...I was thinking about switching back... :)

dinesh: Ofcourse you understand...isnt it your favourite color also :) ?

anon - vasu, seriousa idu worstu commentu :)) We shall take up the pink fight in person :)

tj - :), one reason why I should be happy am a girl :)

phil - finally, someone who understands :), will listen to the song, sir!

hellboy - Me thinks its quite tasteful but hey tastes differ :)

Krish said...

If everything pink is feminine, then why do males too get the "pink" slip? Strange US logic!

:-)

Shiva said...

pink is an awesome color.. but I guess sometimes it just gets into the nerves - like a Moto Razr v3 in pink is a bit too much even if endorsed by the lovely Maria Sharapova..

RS said...

thennavan - ah...nice point which goes on to show that pink is an "important" color :)

shiva - :)

Jay said...

" smiling faces" in pink?

Interesting! :-)

RS said...

jay - :)

sb said...

NARAYANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

© Ramya Sethuraman, All Rights Reserved.