Pages

December 08, 2004

I was reading "The Mango season" by Amulya Malladi last night before I fell asleep and the similarities between this book and "The Monsoon diary: A memoir with recipes" By Shobha Narayanan were striking. They both discuss India in vivid, colorful, aromatic details and they both have recipes included in the book. If I had to choose between the two, my vote would go to Shoba Nar..'s book any day. Firstly, she doesnt put down everything in India after returning back to India from US, secondly, her command over the language seems to be better. Anyway, who am I to sit on my high seat and judge these authors? Well, its my opinion and am free to express it and I just did :) Another boring day at work, vacation starts in 7 days (!!!) but am certainly not looking forward to my wisdom teeth removal :(
RS

No comments:

© Ramya Sethuraman, All Rights Reserved.