Pages

January 13, 2005

Flash! and it remains in your memory forever. Ever had those moments that remain etched in your memory, as if it happened a few seconds ago? Just before falling asleep, did you find your semi-conscious mind drifting to something in the past? Words uttered ages ago, smiles exchanged, battles fought, disconnected thoughts, images and then there is a flash, a crystal-clear image that cruises in front of your mind's eye - so clear that you can make out every freckle on the cheek, dark eyes twinkling mischieviously, lips pursed as if to chide you but a mouth that cannot hide its glee at what you are doing? An image zooms in your mind and then everything clears up and all you see is that face,that faded memory that makes you yearn for what has passed…

People have that effect on me, in the middle of my seemingly inconspicuous activities, they pop up in my head and wake me up…my teacher’s face when she smiled approvingly of my answer, my mom’s face when she found out that I was kidding about my grade and I had actually stood first in class, my dad’s expression when I tease him about his adolescent crushes…some memories that I cannot forget, that come back to revitalize me and remind me that the past may be past but it has made me what I am now…I freeze in time for a few seconds and the past comes pouring through me, a series of events, interconnected, a chain that has led me to where I am in life now…

No comments:

© Ramya Sethuraman, All Rights Reserved.