Pages

April 24, 2007

:-( -----> :-)

So, I thought I would post photos from Georgetown Kite Fest. But, for some reason, I just don't "feel up to it". I feel like moping for no justifiable reason. Maybe it's because I woke up with a start at 7.30 AM with the thought that I had made a coding mistake! So weird, but I had actually saved a password that I should not have saved to source control. So, I went rushing to my laptop even without my cup-a-coffee and tried to "fix" my mistake as best as I could (Turned out it wasn't such a big deal, my colleague told me, "Don't sweat it, Ramya, we all make mistakes!" which was nice of him). Then, I spent a tensed morning half-concentrating, half-worrying about a presentation I had to give in the afternoon. And come afternoon, all the nice things that can and will go wrong did go wrong. I fumbled to project my laptop screen to the projector screen - Fn F7 just refused to work for me! Then, I had trouble pulling the stupid projector screen down. Then the meat of it - the actual presentation - and I heard my voice whispering to myself and shaking - quite a feat! And because, I was so nervous, I gave a 2 second demo instead of what should have been at least a 2 minute demo. Anyway, it's quite unfair to let the few of you still reading this post leave on a not-so-thrilled note like this (I blame it all on the faulty female hormones), so I am going to fight my moping ghost away and upload some pics!



See (talking to myself, you obviously do see), all I needed to do was a collage of bright and sunny photos with smiling faces and I feel better already :)...although I did think the kite-fest organizers were just going to approach us to say, "Ahem...you all have been here for more than 6 hours and really, you are the last people left at the park, could you kindly, you know, go home?!"

4 comments:

Hellboy said...

Is the kite festival a yearly event. It feels like I saw last years pictures just yesterday :)

RS said...

hellboy - :), Its a yearly festival...kind of a tradition for us since k is a "kite enthusiast" :)

Parth said...

See how your blog is engrained in people's memories. I loaded the page and my first reaction was: 'hey, there was something similar on this blog a while back' :-)

RS said...

parth :), I am going to make my next year's collage different, just in case!

© Ramya Sethuraman, All Rights Reserved.